"If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words." ~Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Shirt - smirt

The day 6 of your closest friends, your father, mother, and your 2 older brothers ask you if your shirt is on or off...

Is the day you realize you may be an over-sharer.

And by you...

I mean me.

And the story goes...

September 30th hubs and I traveled to the city for the night.

We stayed with friends who happen to be HUGE Kansas City Royals fans.

The night we stayed with them was the Wild Card game that sent the Royals into the division series.

The game was 5.5 hours long.

During the game I sort of got hooked.

5.5 hours and a house full of screaming fans will do that to ya.

Also a team that wins really helps.

Hubs and I became extremely serious about "our" winning team.

Bought some shirts and scheduled our lives around the Division Series.

Game one of the Division Series, I settled in for a nice game of baseball.  In the 11th inning.  Yes, 11th...

I went to my bedroom to put on my Pjs.

My friend had warned me that my new Royals shirt may have magic powers and if the team won this game, I was not allowed to wash my shirt. 

Eeek. 

That felt like a lot of pressure for one simple shirt. 

Well, I took the magic shirt off to put on my jammies. 

**don't picture it, just read the story**

As I stood in my bedroom 

Post shirt

Pre-jammies

Moustakas hit a home run!

Awesome!

The home run part. 

The Royals then went on to sweep the ALDS.  

And that would have been the end of the story...

Except...

In the first game of the ALCS...

In the 10th inning. 

Yes

10th...

I fell asleep. 

Don't judge me, these extra innings were killing me. 

I decided to cash out of this game and stumbled my way to bed. 

As I was pulling off my magic shirt and getting into my jammies...

I heard footsteps, thundering down the hallway. 

Hubs burst into the the bedroom and yelled, "did you just take your shirt off?"

And I just knew. 

Moustakas had hit another home run.

While I was topless. 

With all of the superstition surrounding baseball, I'm gonna tell ya, this made me panic. 

I am not prepared to be topless for longer than is absolutely necessary on any given day.

But, these are some important games.

So I was faced with a dilemma. 

Thankfully, Moustakas hit his 3rd postseason home run while I was completely dressed. 

Which just goes to show...

The Royals don't need any crazy superstition to win. 

They've got wicked talent. 

1 comment:

Casey said...

My sister-in-law will be so glad you posted this! :) I have worn the same Royals shirt for every post-season game. (It has been washed. Multiple times.) But if the World Series goes to game 5, I have a the dilemma of trying to figure out how to work it into semi-formal wedding attire. :)