"If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words." ~Chinese Proverb

Sunday, September 21, 2014

What I'm Learning About Me...

It's really interesting what I'm learning about myself as I get older.

Just to clarify...

I think it's interesting.

I don't pretend anyone else would think it's interesting what I'm learning -- about me.

However, I can't be alone.

So maybe you will find yourself here.

If not...

Move along.  Because I don't understand you

Also, I secretly want to be you.

And...back to me.

I can't multi-task.

I've said it before.

I've possibly written entire blog posts, already, about my lack of ability to multi-task.

It's for real, folks.

I told hubs the other day that I need a schedule.  Monday will be wife day.  Tuesday will be mom day.  Wednesday will be college student day.  Thursday will be volunteer day.  Friday will be house day.  Saturday will be drinking day.  Sunday is already the Sabbath and I'll clearly need it.  And then I'll need a 8th day for Friend day.  Or I could skip house day and put friends on Friday.

He thought I was being unrealistic.

I think it's brilliant.  And it would be a win for him as well, since there has been no 'wife day' since April.

Turns out,

I can't make that schedule work.

Total bummer.

This week has been one for the books.  My schedule idea would have come in handy.  Instead, I mixed it all up (which apparently regular people do all the time) and I almost lost my ever.loving.mind.

I did some things this week that I could do every single day, I love them so much...

Things like:

Writing, organizing, planning, and developing a strategic communications system for a the Parent Working Group of ImproveCareNow.  As I worked (and by worked I mean, hours!) on org structures and explanations I realized I may be completing the wrong degree.  I looked up communications degrees and instantly fell in love with the course work.  And guess what...Statistics (which I am currently hating) is not listed as a requirement.

Speaking of statistics...

Oh, wait!  I'll come to that.  I'm listing the things I love first.

On Tuesday, which was not originally scheduled as 'Friend Day', became 'friend day' when I got the call that a baby was ready to make his grand entrance and my videographer duties were needed!












I could do baby deliveries every day.

Amazing.

Every time.

I spent a lot of time on the road this week.

It was heavenly.

A big portion of those hours were all by myself driving to the delivery and home.

Another portion of the hours were driving my Knight to speech.

It melts me to watch him work so hard.

This is a fuzzy picture of him with his SLP, sitting at a little table saying sound after sound after sound.


This week was double 'friend day' week.

Because Thursday I got to celebrate this girl's birthday.

She's one of the best friends I can imagine - an extra 'friend day' was perfect!  Plus, our little mommy gathering created quite the impression.




 Now around to statistics.

All the other events of the week meant I let my Statistics homework pile up.

Until Saturday.

I spent 3 hours listening to lectures online.  And at LEAST 3 hours doing homework.

Here is one of the problems:  You are dealt a hand of three cards, one at a time.  Find the probability of each of the following.  a.) The first black card you get is the third card dealt.  b.)Your cards are all clubs.  c.)You get no jacks.  d.)You have at least one diamond.  

Someone get a gun.

As a break from the homework, I decided to tackle the Princess' bedroom.  

This is not a job for the weak.

I cannot tell you how many dead bugs I found.  

Some started out alive and died from lack of natural environment.  

Although, given some time, her bedroom is slowly becoming about as natural of an environment as they could find anywhere.  

Some were brought in already dead - but amazing!  The amazing part is a direct quote.


Do you see all the 'V' shaped black things.  Those are legs.  Seems those fall off once a bug has been dead for a bit of time.

At one point I lifted up a piece of paper and realized an entire cup of mealworms had been spilled on the carpet and then covered with paper.  

Those mealworms were supposed to be dinner for Rex.

Oh, Rex.  

The Princess had to be off location for much of the room clean.  The one time she was with me she freaked out about a used band-aide I was throwing away.  I made her decide between the used band-aide and her iPod.  She paused.  For several seconds...deciding.  

And to close out the weekend, my Knight got sick.

Barking like a seal, fever, the whole deal.

Preschool and speech have turned my little Knight into a carrier monkey (thanks for the fantastic description, Jenny!) of a kid.  It's only September and he's had two full on illnesses this month.

I cannot end a blog post without news about the Prince.

He is still casted.

And his arm smells up an entire room.

Before he enters the room.

10 more days until they cut that cast off.  

I refuse to be in the room when that happens.

And last but not least....

This.

Because, there is always this...





No comments: