For our real spring break, my husband had to travel with work.
Better to not get me started.
But I'm gonna tell ya...I have THE BEST parents on the planet.
They made it their mission to not let spring break fail for us. And they delivered a fantastic-activty-filled-hilarious-moments-spring-break. It did not disappoint.
My father has worked to enter my kids in a Wild Life Challenge Activity that requires them to complete different "challenges" with pictures to prove. Oh. My. Gosh. I love this idea. Better yet, that my father is doing it with my kids.
Here's how it went down:
~Feed a bird
~Hike a Trail
In an effort to complete even more challenges, Papa took the Princess on an extended field trip to a local lake.
Before she left, I asked her if she knew my phone number in case anything happened and she needed to call me. **The backstory goes like this: My father has Meniere's Disease. It's an inner ear disorder. Early on in his disease, he and I were in the park on a walk. He had an extreme attack of dizziness and fell right over. Fine one minute and flat on the ground the next. It scared the crap out of me. I truly thought he was dead...for like 22 seconds. Then I was furious. Probably because he kind of laughed at my reaction (some would describe as overreaction). In any event, I am always prepared for the worst. I wanted the Princess to know my cell number in case of...well...ahem...anything. So I wrote it on her arm. My father thinks that was a little much.
But here's the deal. They don't stay in the car. Or even on well marked paths when they go on field trips. They go all in.
Proof:
She had to wear his extra pants home. He travels with extra pants because he knows that he occasionally needs to completely change clothes before he can even get back home. **And he thinks I over-prepare with a simple phone number on an arm. Hmphh.
Before she left, I asked her if she knew my phone number in case anything happened and she needed to call me. **The backstory goes like this: My father has Meniere's Disease. It's an inner ear disorder. Early on in his disease, he and I were in the park on a walk. He had an extreme attack of dizziness and fell right over. Fine one minute and flat on the ground the next. It scared the crap out of me. I truly thought he was dead...for like 22 seconds. Then I was furious. Probably because he kind of laughed at my reaction (some would describe as overreaction). In any event, I am always prepared for the worst. I wanted the Princess to know my cell number in case of...well...ahem...anything. So I wrote it on her arm. My father thinks that was a little much.
But here's the deal. They don't stay in the car. Or even on well marked paths when they go on field trips. They go all in.
Proof:
She had to wear his extra pants home. He travels with extra pants because he knows that he occasionally needs to completely change clothes before he can even get back home. **And he thinks I over-prepare with a simple phone number on an arm. Hmphh.
It's a reasonable question to ask why she needed to wear his extra pants home. It would be because her pants looked like this:
And here is what she brought home. Treasures! Pure treasures! The first thing my husband asked when he saw the pictures..."where are all of those treasures at now? My answer is, "I don't know but I just bought a plug-in air freshener for her room today."
And then she used all of her dead animal parts to do a little freestyle creative expression.
And not to be outdone...I needed a turn too.
No comments:
Post a Comment