"If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words." ~Chinese Proverb

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Read

Dear Princess and Prince,

I am not trying to be "dumb", "stupid", "bossy", or even a "jerk".  

I'm not certain I can say the same for either of you.

I make you brush your teeth. I make you eat vegetables, I make you go to bed to get good rest...

I am also going to make you read. 

Period.

I've stopped caring if you love it. 

I've practically stopped caring if you love me.  

Both of you are acting as if this is potentially the MoSt. Abusive. Thing. Ever.  

Your life is too good. 

If this is "the worst thing EVER!"...then I need to do a better job of introducing you to actual bad things. 

I have a strong sense that you both believe you can wear me down with all of the tantrum throwing and name calling over being made to read. 

However, your actions have only strengthened my resolve. See, I won't be beaten. When I enter a battle, I prepare to win. At all costs. 

Happy summer!

Xoxo



No comments: