"If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words." ~Chinese Proverb

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Summer Experience

After about 15 seconds of thinking about it, we decided to hire a college student to help with the kiddos this summer. Just a few hours a week.

I wanted to be able to take the older 2 swimming. And not mess up the Knight's napping schedule. 

And, let's face it...a two year old at a swimming pool is a suicide mission...on a good day.  So basically, I didn't want to torture myself and the big kids with a toddler at the pool -- very often. 

An extra person allows me to send the big kids to the pool with her on days when I need to stay home.  Or take the bigs and leave the sitter here.  Or plan little fun trips and leave the Knight at home napping without a full disruption of our schedule!

I'm getting excited to see how it plays out!  

But I have to say, the big kids seem way more excited than I expected. 

Maybe it's because the whole idea of a babysitter is foreign to them.  And new is exciting. Or maybe, and highly likely, they hope the babysitter is not as lame as mom.

They are fighting over who gets to spend more time with her. They are asking a million questions about her and when she will get here.  Thankfully, she is on her way as I type. 

The Princess is standing in the driveway holding a skink and a broken egg shell waiting to greet her.

I can only imagine the stories!

No comments: