I wasn't there to witness the beginning of this event.
But the retelling had me dying laughing...
Here's how it happened...
Our neighbor/friend/landlord knocked on the door and told us that there was a pretty large snake in his shed. And because he knows my Princess, he automatically wanted to give her the chance to see it.
The Princess was showering.
My first instinct was to NOT tell her.
My hubby went out to the shed to check out the snake.
When he came back inside he said, "We have to let her go look at it. It's huge!"
Against my better judgement.
And because I'm such a great mom.
And because I knew two adult men would be with her
I said, "FINE."
She rocketed out of her room, after a reminder that she needed clothes (small detail), and headed for the shed.
As I understand the story, the snake was kind of behind a tractor-ish machine (leave me alone about my lack of farm equipment knowledge)
The two adult men were with the Princess.
One of them had a tool...I think a hoe with a long handle.
The Princess walked directly to the snake, bent down and petted it on the head.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
As she sat in front of it, the men could see the back end of what appeared to be a 5 to 6 foot snake
it began to coil up.
Suddenly, the snake recoiled.
The men jumped
There may have been some gasping.
The Princess wasn't phased.
She and the man with the hoe walked around the tractor (or maybe it was just a mower, who knows) to look for the snake.
Apparently, the snake started to make a break for freedom - heading outside.
That's when the Princess decided to alter the future.
She jumped onto the snake.
ONTO
People, this is not normal behavior for a 12 year old girl.
The details of what the men/guardians were doing at this moment are sketchy at best.
In my mind, they were screaming like girls.
As the story goes,
The Princess had that snake in her hands in a matter of seconds.
At some point in the process she said, "he got me!"
I missed it all.
God is good.
I was sitting inside, happily oblivious until my husband came in and said, "You need to come see what your daughter is holding."
"And you might want to grab your camera."
**Not pictured is the moment she was wearing it like a scarf.
No comments:
Post a Comment