I spent the day getting ready for a blind-ish date.
I say "ish" because I knew who he was.
We had mutual friends.
We had talked in person - 1 time - a year prior.
But the reason for our actual date was the involvement of an elderly man we both knew.
The date was planned.
At 6:30pm I sat on my front porch, along with my parents, and waited.
He pulled up.
Met my folks.
And we headed out.
That evening was by far the best night of my life.
I've had many, many great days and nights since that moment.
But nothing will ever compare to that night.
We laughed.
We talked without stopping
The feelings of a first date...the butterflies, the silly laughter, the joy!
It's a first I won't forget.
I was 18 years old.
That first date was 18 years ago.
We looked JUST. LIKE. THIS.

1 comment:
Love this!
Post a Comment