My Prince is wicked funny.
He has an unbelievably quick whit.
Which, quite frankly, seems impossible given his speed at answering questions. Because when you ask the kid a question, you need to be prepared to brave a long winter before he answers.
But fire sarcasm around this kid, and don't blink.
Today we had a nice Mother's Day lunch. Fantastic food. All sitting around the table.
This adds up to fighting. Big fighting.
The Princess and the Prince are going through a phase. Good grief! Someone tell me it's only a phase.
They fight.
Always.
She's volatile.
He picks.
No one is quiet.
They had a little lunch time showdown. It was frustrating. I let them know I was not impressed. I may have raised my voice. There may have been sarcastic mention of Mother's Day and their duty as my offspring to reign it in!
Well in this house, when faced with raised voices...the Princess sees that as an opportunity to enter in and win the grand prize. She got to head to her room to cool down.
On the heels of that, my little knight starts to scream. He's 2. He was playing happily and suddenly he's screaming.
I turn to see my Prince, the same one who was just irritating his sister, standing in front of the 2 year old holding baby toys.
The Prince had taken a toy from a 2 year old.
I may have come uncorked.
Slightly.
I said something like...
Are you kidding me? Who is the common denominator here? You pick at your sister until she screams. I send her to her room...which is no easy task. Then you pick on a baby until he screams. Who is the one person in the room having a problem with everyone?
People, without missing a beat, my Prince said:
"You"
Truer words have never been spoken.
No comments:
Post a Comment